Lighthouse positioning deck
The Lighthouse deck uses the HTC Vive base stations (aka Lighthouse) to achieve high precision positioning. The deck has 4 receivers and will give both position and pose of the Crazyflie.
The hardware supports both Lighthouse V1 and V2 base stations, but with the current firmware only the V1 base stations are supported. The firmware is under heavy development and V2 support will soon be added.
The position and pose is calculated directly in the Crazyflie, which makes it possible to create fully autonomous systems without external communication.
Below is a video of 3 Crazyflie 2.1 flying with the Lighthouse deck and V1 base stations using our python MotionCommander API.
- High accuracy positioning
- Supports HTC Vive Base Station
- HTC Vive Base Station 2.0 support in development, possible with firmware update
- On-board FPGA for signal processing with open source toolchain
- UART and I2C communication to Crazyflie deck expansion port
- UART pads available to solder a 2.54mm pin header for connection to external system, eg. Arduino
- UART and I2C bootloader to program the FPGA configuration
- Weight: 2.7g
- Size (WxHxD): 27x35x3.5mm
- Designed for mounting on top of the Crazyflie 2.x
- 1 x Lighthouse positioning deck